We have a very extensive puppy program to get you and your puppy off the the right paw during the first year. Puppy Play is complimentary and puppy kindergarten and puppy all STAR programs are other puppy options for you to join in on. All dogs that participate in our programs are completely vaccinated. This is one reason why we can accept puppies as early as eight weeks of age as well as are cleaning process with parvocide and virocide disinfectants..
Course Descriptions, Prerequisite Guidelines & Pricing
Puppy ALL S.T.A.R. Class
Sponsored by the AKC. This is the puppy version of the Canine Good Citizen class. This is a six week program for puppies eight weeks to 1 year of age. The cost is $100.00 for six weeks including the test.
For classes and for dog care services our rates differ at each individual location. Please inquire at the time of orientation for local rates, fees, and discount programs available.
A positive proactive and preventative program for puppies ages 8 to 16 weeks. We will skim the surface of the cues for sit, down, stay, come, leave it, the name game and nice leash walking. Early socialization and bite inhibition through play sessions will be a priority. Learning how to prevent unwanted behaviors such as jumping, barking, digging, resource guarding, and pulling on the leash will be taught. The course is five weeks and costs $150.00 which includes the class text book and/or other reading materials.
Puppy Play (offered as part of Puppy Kindergarten)
This is a complimentary program for puppies 8 to 16 weeks with their first round of vaccines. This program allows for young puppies to come play, socialize and build confidence, while you network, learn, and supervise your pups play with the company of trained professional staff at your side. These sessions are only offered in conjunction with the Puppy Kindergarten series, it is not offered as a standalone class.
Did you know that the critical time to socialize your puppy is between 8 and 12 weeks of age? Young puppies can participate in our programs for the following reasons:
- All the adult dogs that come to our facility are fully vaccinated.
- Your puppy needs at least their first round of shots. Vaccines these days are given earlier and are much more effective then they were ten years age giving your puppy an immunity boost against things that could make your puppy sick.
- If you acquired your puppy from a reputable breeder, then your puppy will still be protected passively through their mothers immunity.
- We clean and disinfect before you get there with germ killing agents.
- These things as well as the fact that this program is free to you should help you to make the educated decision to participate in our fun, safe, and educational puppy play program.
Please follow this link to see information on the other classes we offer for dogs. We are certified and educated at Send Rover on Over and have been building happy healthy relationships with people, dogs, and their families since 2003. Another reason we were voted #1 in Ventura County!