Send Rover On Over has been holding Puppy Play sessions for years. Puppy Play is a complimentary program for puppies eight weeks to 20 weeks who have their first round of vaccines. This program allows for young puppies to come play, socialize and build confidence, while you network, learn, and supervise your pups play with the company of trained professional staff at your side. Please check our calendar to see when we are offering the next session.
Did you know that the critical time to socialize your puppy is between 8 and 12 weeks of age? Young puppies can participate in our programs for the following reasons:
- All the adult dogs that come to our facility are fully vaccinated.
- Your puppy needs at least their first round of shots. Vaccines these days are given earlier and are much more effective then they were ten years age giving your puppy an immunity boost against things that could make your puppy sick.
- If your acquired your puppy from a reputable breeder, then your puppy will still be protected passively through their mothers immunity.
- We clean and disinfect before you get there with germ killing agents.
- These things as well as the fact that this program is free to you should help you to make the educated decision to participate in our fun, safe, and educational puppy play program.
We like to encourage a positive proactive and preventative program for puppies ages eight to twenty weeks. This starts with giving them the opportunity to socialize and be around other puppies.
We also offer a Puppy Kindergarten class that skims the surface of the cues for sit, down, stay, come, leave it, the name game and nice leash walking. Reinforcing early socialization and bite inhibition through play sessions will be a priority. Learning how to prevent unwanted behaviors such as jumping, barking, digging, resource guarding, and pulling on the leash will be taught. Please check our calendar to see when the next session will be offered.